Wednesday 8 June 2011

Elimination 9!

We finally arrived. After this elimination we will have our top 2. The first top 2 of Pearl.Models ever! Marte, Elle, Ioana, I just wanted to say thanks for being such wonderful contestants. I couldn't have thought of anyone better! And though one is leaving right before the finale, you should now that I am proud of you and that you already are winners. It was so hard this week. You can't imagine. And though my heart says no, because I don't want to see anyone leaving, I had to make this decision.

The first one who made it to the finale is...
















Our first Finalist!




 Marte!
Congratulation! Our first finalist!I don't have to tell you how amazing you were throughout the whole competition, but this week was something special! Our lovely guest judge Mel said that she loved your scenery and you are her favorite. I think that she would love to see you auditioning for MelsModels next cycle. And I don't know if you saw it, but Kasia[Undamyumbrellla] commented on your scenery and said that it is the best one she has ever seen. And she has seen a lot! Marte, you can be more than proud of you! I love how every single scenery has this little extra something that is so high fashion and so you. Still you showed us that you can be versatile and commercial. You won the job at Kharma and I am sure you will appear in magazines and on the runway as well.

Now on to our bottom two.
You were by far two of my favorite contestants throughout the entire cycle. This is the toughest decision in Pearl.Models short history and I have to say that I had to think about it quite a long time. And in the end I listened to what the judges said and I just had to agree with them. I will evaluate your whole body of work, not only the last task, but everything you've done!


Elle:

When she first auditioned
 You are the one who has grown by far the most during this competition. I remember your first scenery, when you were the genie. It was cute, yea, but nothing special. I didn't know if you really had the potential in you. Then there was the task about the seven deadly sins and that was the moment I though: Finally! She showed us her true talent. From then on you continued to wow us with your sceneries and we were really impressed. But though you did a really nice job this week, the judges aren't sure if the risk you took by not incorporating too much from the actual painting payed off. Some things were quite confusing, other stunning. All in all the opinions were mixed. Your polaroid was nice and probably the best out of the bunch. That shows that you can continue on as a model even in magazines and on the runway, but are you ready to rock the final?




 Ioana:

When she first auditioned
 When I saw you I immediately fell in love with your red hair. It's amazing and it's what makes you soo special! You stood out from week to week and were on the top right from the beginning and though you started really good you were able to grow by listening to what we said. You had one of my favorite sceneries in this competition the one were you had to portray a movie genre. I loved it. The one thing I am asking myself is if you are able to create something we haven't seen before and really wow us. I know that you have it in you, but can you show it? Your polaroid was the weakest, which was really said, because you were the only one who basically had no make up and your doll was still stunning! The outfit was the thing that put you at the bottom. But on the other hand, you were the one who did the best job when it came to recreating the photo in an editorial way and managed to keep the model in you.


 So who stays and becomes a finalist of the first cycle of Pearl.Models?...














Our 2. Finalist!

Congratulations Ioana, you are the second finalist of Pearl.Models! After the last 4 months of working together you and Elle were basically on the same level and you both had your ups and downs. The reason why you are a finalist is that you were just better this week. You proved to us that you deserve it in the last moment. I can't wait to see your final entries :)


Elle! I don't even want to write it, but you are eliminated. You stunned me with your sceneries and you were so ambitious. You somehow remided me of myself. I actually don't have the words to describe what I feel right now. I just want you to move on and make me regret that I eliminated you! I have never seen someone with so much potential and you still have a long way to go. You rock girl!

Soooo, this has been a tough week, but the following ones will be even tougher, yet fun. I can't wait to post the next task and all your amazing sceneries. PLUS: I will post auditions for cycle two VERY soon, so stay tuned!

Love, Melinda

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Marte & Ioana! I'm sad to see Elle go though, yet.. I would have been sad to see anyone of the three go. It must have been a tough decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! i can't believe i got into the finale! congrats Marte!! and of course Elle:* you are a winner even if you have been eliminated this time >:D<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am so happy about that I made it to the final two! And as Ioana said, Elle, you are although a winner, congratulations with third place! Ioana, congrats to you too, good luck with the final task : ) The upcoming task; I'm sure it will be exciting...

    ReplyDelete