Thursday 17 March 2011

Elimination 5!

 Well hello my little Models,

I have told you that it will be getting tougher and tougher from time to time and that you have to bring your all to the competition to make it here! So I expected you to give your best and blow us away with this task. Some of you showed us how much they have improved and some... well they didn't do as good as they can. I have to say that I am a bit disappointed to say what I have to say. You all knew that this is going to be a double elimination, so I can't understand why you Fern didn't do the task. I mean on the one hand it is good for the other seven contestant, because only one more has to go! But on the other hand I feel said to see a girl go home, who has soooo much potential. And the fact that you didn't even ask me if you could have an extension makes it worse. But I wasn't willing to wait until everyone has done the task. I normally do that, if someone has a reason to not to the task. Now I think this competition needs to get forward and that is why you Fern are eliminated!

But wait we are not done, yet! Now it is time for the personal evaluation. In order from best to worst:

Isabelle: Finally! She can deliver more than one good scenery! :D I am so happy to see that from you and I can tell that you feel much more confident when doing a beauty shot. Maybe you should consider to do that whenever it fits the task?! I don't know, just don't lose the spark that you have right now, because it's wonderful!

Marte: You are never a disappointment, But please don't tell us about the negatives! I have recently done a task and thought: Oh my Gosh, why didn't I see that the arm is sooo big. I didn't say anything about the arm and it turned out that no one would even noticed it. Styling was great! And so was the make up. Maybe show us a totally different side of you next time? I am sure you will have the opportunity to do so ;].

Denise: Denise, Denise, Denise. You always give me such a hard time. I can see so much talent and potential and think, yes this girl has the little extra something but your tasks don't really show what the actual assignment was. I know you can do even better and that you will be on top of the list, if you just try to find a concept that conveys the meaning of the task I give you! You would be extraordinary. I think the next task will give you the chance to do so ;).

Elle: The thing about you is that I see you growing from week to week. You are climbing your way up to the top! And that's how real models do it ;]. We already told you where you can improve, but I see that you are listining to us(the smile on your dolls face was so refreshing!). Keep it up girl, because I see you as one of our strongest posers!

Ioana: It was a solid task. The reason why you aren't at the top of the bunch, is because you didn't put the main focus on you. If you place something that big near your face you should make sure that it underlines the intensity of the feeling you are trying to convey! Also, your expression was a bit 'Duh'. Meaning that there was no emotion. Just different eyebrows and maybe another mouth shape can do soo much! This will be important for the next task, so try to remember it!

Paulina: This week was really interesting. I was excited to see what you will come up with and I have to say you look girly and spring-ish. I think that this little 'ummph' is missing(maybe in the background). But it's always good to see yourself as the client, that helps you embody the product. You definetely showed versatility this week, again and I am impressed to see so many different sides of you. Always keep the edginess(which you did with the eyebrows... just saying :P!).

Bottom two:

Josie: I have never seen a pose like this in Dollywood before, though it I have seen it a hundred times before in real life. It was just great! And your expression, so high fashion. But still commercial. Your color scheme wasn't that convincing, there was nor harmony and think about everything before doing a scenery, like the hairstyle! It is part of your craftsmanship to know those things. You really need to work on the execution, you can use a lot more tiles to round up the joints, I think that's what you really need to work on, to bring it to the next level.

Stefan: I really didn't expect that. I knew that you had problems with the task, so I let you re-do it, but this? Your first try was far better, considering what the assignment was. I just felt like you tried too hard this time. You should just go with the flow. I sometimes have an idea stuck in my mind and I think: Ahh that will be great! And then it doesn't turn out that good, so what do I do? I start all over again. Your not at the bottom because it was weak, it just wasn't what we wanted to see. It is up and down with you. Sometimes you are brilliant and then you are so-so. I feel like you want this so much, but don't lose yourself!

So who is 'going home'? It's Stefan. I just feel that there is something missing. This little extra something, you have it but you lose it in your sceneries. I know that you can do even better and I want to make clear that it wasn't bad! Please keep on modeling and audition for the next cycle! It's just about practising.
There are a lot of modeling competitions starting right now. SNTM.XX cycle 7, Gracious.Models and FlawlessModels. 
I want you to look at these clubs and apply, because you can learn so much and when you will come back (and I really hope you do next cycle!) you will kick some ass! Stay fierce ;-*

As I told you in your personal evaluation. Some of you impressed us and some just strayed away a bit from the task. I need you to bring your all for the next task. Because this is going to be very tough and we will see who has the potential to make it to the top and who doesn't.
Gosh I can sound a bit picky and mean sometimes :D. I hope you don't think I'm a bitch. I just know that a few can do so much better! Take the criticism and learn from it!

Love you guys!
Hasta luega, Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment